Sunday, January 1, 2012

happy new year!

It's 12:40AM, and it's quieting down.  I gave up my attempt to sleep and went back upstairs after midnight to watch the fireworks.  They've been going on all week, but of course tonight they are really going off, and on all sides of the house, near and far.  There are the firecrackers, of course, but there are also real fireworks - some of them quite close by.  I can only imagine what it must be like downtown. 

Here are a few pictures - not spectacular photography, but I share them anyway!  Might as well join the celebration in the way I can. 

several sets of fireworks going off
I enjoyed the big, colorful ones, of course.
And here are some sparkles to end the evening.
And now, let's try again for some sleep, hoping for no more firecrackers.  I'll be up dark and early.  Good thing I really love Haitian coffee, since I have a feeling I'll need a few gallons.  Then it will be off to the cathedral and a very full day.

Blessings to you all in the new year. May 2012 bring you joy and a sense of the loving, abiding presence of God with you in all you do.

1 comment:

  1. May all beings be free from suffering
    May all beings be happy
    May all beings be healthy
    May all beings be at peace.

    ReplyDelete