Monday, January 30, 2012

counting my blessings

If I were in Boston and it were not Monday, I would be praying at Compline, "Thanksgiving for the blessings of this day."  It's a phrase you hear prayed again and again at the convent, and a prayer that comes up more and more frequently in my mind and heart.  My prayer is that it become permanently etched into my being.
It just doesn't get more beautiful than this.

With that thought, I would like to share a few of the things for which I am thankful this evening:
  • electricity all day - possibly the first time since Christmas season
  • extra sleep
  • a day of rest
  • my family's safe return from their travels and the chance to talk with them
  • encouraging notes from friends
  • the marvel of yesterday's beauty, which I'm appreciating again today as I look through my photos
  • reminders of God's love as I looked through the scriptures this morning
  • coffee jello for dessert at supper - no doubt making it more possible for me to write during evening hours
  • a lapful of sleeping puppies tonight - not sure how they all managed to fit themselves onto my legs comfortably enough to sleep, as they are growing, but they did
  • an ironed habit for tomorrow
  • hard-working sisters
  • a friend and a nephew who celebrate their birthday today
  • water that didn't run out before I got to the shower this morning
  • outstanding pumpkin soup at lunch
  • a letter written
  • chocolate sent by my mother - and that it didn't melt!
  • music
  • grace, peace, forgiveness, love
  • much more
What is your list today?

No comments:

Post a Comment