Saturday, December 31, 2011

the planting of the Lord

I've been praying for Haiti with Isaiah today.  Join me?  There are quite a number of passages that strike me in this context, but for today I'd like to share Isaiah 61:1-4 as a prayer for the new year.


 The spirit of the Lord God is upon me, because the Lord has anointed me; he has sent me to bring good news to the oppressed, to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and release to the prisoners; to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all who mourn; to provide for those who mourn in Zion— to give them a garland instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, the mantle of praise instead of a faint spirit. They will be called oaks of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, to display his glory. They shall build up the ancient ruins, they shall raise up the former devastations; they shall repair the ruined cities, the devastations of many generations.

raising up the former devastations and
reparing the ruined cities
Port-au-Prince

1 comment:

  1. I will absolutely be praying with you. Many blessings in 2012!

    ReplyDelete