Wednesday, January 11, 2012

early morning company

 
I was woken early this morning by a large bug walking up my forearm into the sleeve of my pj's. I’m sure had I been on Candid Camera, it would have been a source of great amusement. Picture me dashing around with a can of Baygone, chasing it around the room going ew-ew-ew-ew-ew! Have I mentioned that I don’t do bugs?

the moon by morning
Not much chance of my going back to sleep after that.

sunrise clouds over the mountains
nesting turtledoves
There was a silver lining, though. Not only did I get up and set up some work for today and tidy my room, but also I had time to go outside on the porch to have some quiet time. The moon was lovely, there were two turtledoves (a late Christmas present?), and the sunrise showed clouds pooled around the top of the mountains in the distance. The bees were out in force, but they mostly left me alone after investigating my journal and BCP/Bible combo and discovering that there were better ways of finding nourishment.

turtledove guarding nesting spouse

     


  
bee joining morning quiet time


     

 And now the power is back on. It was off all day yesterday, but came on during the night (then back off, then back on). Good thing, as not only do I have ironing to do, but also I needed the light to chase that bug around my room early this morning. It doesn't hurt to have power to the fan and the refrigerator, either! What a set of blessings to start the day.


enough sun now to see the colors

And now, on a more serious note, a request.  Tomorrow is the second anniversary of the earthquake.  It is going to be very difficult for many people who will be reliving the experience in powerful memories.  Please keep everyone in your prayers this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment