Saturday, December 24, 2011

kodenn

I was admiring this fine fellow yesterday as I saw him wandering around the old convent grounds, where we had parked on our way to a wedding.   He had fluffed himself up and looked, more than any other turkey I had ever seen, for all the world like one of those cut-outs my grade school teachers used to put on the bulletin board.  So of course I had to take a picture.  Isn't he impressive?

kodenn - dinde - turkey

A little while ago, I heard a sister saying something about kodenn (turkey in Kreyol).  Sure enough, we are having turkey for Christmas dinner at the Foyer Notre Dame, our home for elderly, indigent women with no one to care for them.  I should have guessed: turkeys are being sold on sidewalks around town, and I haven't seen so many before. 

Then I put two and two together. 

Well, at least he has been relatively free range. 

No comments:

Post a Comment