Monday, April 6, 2015

rainbow 'round the sun


I was praying and got distracted by the crows chasing a red-tailed hawk out of our grove. Not very nunlike, I suppose... You've heard the joke about INFP's at prayer... "And, God, thank you for... oh, look, a bird!... all this beauty..." Anyway, I looked out the window, and this is what I saw! A round rainbow! Wow. 


Actually, I think it was God who "distracted" me... Seems to me that God loves to share the beauty of creation with us, and so many times when I see such a thing, I catch my breath and move into a place of greater thanks and praise. God is so good and so beautiful! 

It seems especially appropriate during Eastertide, when we're celebrating God's salvation and promises, of which the rainbow has been a sign. 

Genesis 9:12-16
God said, ‘This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: I have set my bow in the clouds, and it shall be a sign of the covenant between me and the earth. When I bring clouds over the earth and the bow is seen in the clouds, I will remember my covenant that is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall never again become a flood to destroy all flesh. When the bow is in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth.’


What makes a halo around the sun or moon? | Science Wire | EarthSky 


No comments:

Post a Comment