Tuesday, June 24, 2014

muskrat love

"Muskrat, muskrat, candlelight..." It's been running through my head all day.

Yesterday I finally went to investigate the pond where Sr. Brigid assured me there were almost always swans. There were. With cygnets (I will post those photos eventually).

However, to my astonishment and delight, while I was taking pictures of the swans, a muskrat climbed out of the water not too far from me and had supper.  He certainly loved his salad.  He didn't seem to mind me in the least.  I'd never seen a muskrat before, but I couldn't think of anything else it might be - water animal, beaver-like with a rat tail. Needless to say, I changed my focus for a while.  

I thought I'd share.



Well, look who is wandering up the hill...



Salad!



Clearly saying Evening Prayer...



Yes, those are swan feathers. 



Well, hello there!


No comments:

Post a Comment