Saturday, November 12, 2011

of paper monsters and duffel decisions

The time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things:
Of paper monsters, duffel bags, of weights and measuring.

I look around and stare aghast at what is left to do:
More files to sort, more calls to make, my final laundry, too.

Recycling, recycling, recycling and more
recycling, or else I never will get out the door.

Blue Cross has balked; the pharmacy says, “Sorry, only eight
weeks’ worth of drugs against the bugs.” Please don’t let more be late!

The duffel’s packed, but stuff is left. Decisions still remain.
What must come out to add the rest? It’s too much for my brain.

I’m leaving soon: I count the days on only one hand now.
I dance with glee, then panic, see, but God will show me how.

2 comments:

  1. traveling mercies to you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know what you need and perhaps we can send it.
    MAMR

    ReplyDelete