Saturday, October 17, 2009

Peace is a Development Tool























I recently received the following email through the Episcopal Young Adult Ministry mailing list:

Dear Friends,

As most of you know I work A LOT with Episcopal Peace Fellowship these days.. One of the areas I oversee is young adult involvement and leadership. One of our young adults created a fabulous 100% organic cotton short sleeve t-shirt that EPF recently began selling this summer. The shirt reads, "Peace is a Development Tool" in Haitian Creole. They are $20 each with half of the money going directly toward our nonviolence training work in Haiti. And as a way to plug more young people into EPF -- every young adult who buys one, is automatically made an EPF member for the year. As college chaplains or young adult ministers, I'm asking you to publicize these shirts to your young people. They are really soft and super comfy -- the sizes do run small though, so heads up on that. :) If you or anyone else is interested in buying them please let me know and I'll put you in touch with the right folks.

Thanks!
Allison


I hope to buy one of these t-shirts once I save enough allowance, and I think many of you may also be interested. I contacted Allison, who told me that it was fine for me to share this information. She gave me the following contact information for anyone interested in buying one.

Sara Filipiak
epfsaraf@ameritech.net


Just think, you could do some early Christmas shopping and benefit Haiti, too.

1 comment:

  1. By the way, I got one of these as a gift and am very pleased. It's a very lightweight fabric, so possibly won't last as long as another, but it is silky (as t-shirts go) and a nice shade of denim blue.

    ReplyDelete