Tuesday, September 2, 2014

a monastic year in England for young adults

Look at this!



"Are you a Christian aged 20-35? Do you have a hunger to go deeper with God? Want to join a new monastic community at the home of the Archbishop of Canterbury?

St Anselm is an adventurous new religious community being formed by the Archbishop of Canterbury at Lambeth Palace in London.
In a unique experiment, next year Archbishop Justin Welby will open up his home in London to young Christians – inviting them to spend a year living, studying and praying at the heart of the Anglican Communion."
This is a great opportunity.  I would definitely have applied back when I was the right age.

Now that I think of it, by the time I had paid off my student loans, I was already interested in the religious life of a permanent sort. I wonder if there would be some sort of extension for student loans such as they do for the Peace Corps? I remember senior year of college looking into volunteering with the church in South America and giving up on it because there was no way to deal with paying back my loans. It's an issue for many of those interested.

Still, consider the possibilities! And to get to know the Archbishop of Canterbury, too. May God bless this new community as the seeds are planted for the coming year.

To find out more, subscribe to their blog at the site listed above.

And of course, if you are interested in becoming a sister, I invite you to contact Sr. Carolyn at 781-934-9477x702 or email Vocations[at]ssmbos.org.

No comments:

Post a Comment